Friday 18 October 2013

And more fall beauty...

I almost forgot to include a picture of my Beautyberry (Calicarpa).( Actually, I did forget yesterday but there you have it.) This is its third year. I have studiously ignored it until now. This is the first time that it has produced. It suddenly appeared stronger this summer and seems to have found its roots. It is so great when a weak, fragile plant strengthens and proves that you had, in fact, been correct in buying it. I am thrilled. I love it.
FYI: Branches of Beautyberry are striking in flower arrangements. That is where I first saw this plant and have always wanted one since. In a fall flower arrangement of 2006.


Another surprise, as I have already mentioned but will do so again, is the colour of some hydrangeas and the show that they create with the silvery lavender at this time of year.

This hydrangea was a bright blue in the summer. I am in awe of its colour now. Gorgeous.

You can see the blue colour in the picture below. 


And now, next to the lavender. You would think that I had planted these side by side on purpose. No. Pure luck.


If you look at the bottom right side, you can see how the lavender is crowding about the hydrangea. I have never planted lavender there. It re-seeded itself. Like I said...luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment