Friday 16 August 2013

My Favourite Pictures

This post is just to showcase some of my favourite garden photographs. Usually I take them when I am so overwhelmed with the beauty that just grows out of the earth. I am not artistic; I cannot draw or paint but I appreciate beauty in a big way. The simplest textures and lines that nature produces is simply awe inspiring. From roundness, to spikes to stars. Astounding.

I love the colour of this sweet pea. I planted them because of my own childhood memories and for my little niece. They have a fragrance like candy according to my young son.


These peonies are very fragrant and are huge! This has not been touched up (none of the pictures have...I don't know how to). You can almost touch it.


Some things just speak for themselves.


I have a thing for lilies. The odor is overwhelming. They have so much texture and subtlety.


 Sweet and innocent.


Like lilies, it is the lushness and fineness of the textures that really appeals to me.


Crazy. It looks like a tropical country with massive Douglas Firs. Wow.


Huge and gorgeous.


Another hibiscus. It grows in and between the purple/blue hydrangea.


My first dahlia. Intricate and simple at the same time.


Back to the lilies. I need to plant even more of them.


This is my garden from the road. Part of it anyway. A doorway to stunning beauty.


Small and velvety.


Can you smell and taste it?



Garden jewellry.


I adore the purple stripes.


A pathway where you cannot keep your hands to yourself. 


More lilies. 




Oakleaf pendants.


This is what I call the spiky thing. Love it. It is mixed with cascading decorative oregano. This combination of plants was an impressive accident.



Two more hibiscus. One pink and the other white.



No comments:

Post a Comment