Tuesday 21 April 2015

Roses!!!!

I went to Select Roses  today. It is out in Langley and a 45 minute drive with no traffic. It was worth every single second on the road.
Brad Jalbert is the rose expert. He hybridizes his own roses. Select Roses is a family business. I spent a fair amount of time chatting with his mum and met his father. His mother told me all about the roses that I bought. When and how to water, fertilize, prune and pinch off heads. She was charming, enthusiastic and very knowledgeable. How wonderful.
I actually researched the roses on Brad's site before going out to the farm. I kept phoning until they were open and then it still took me a few weeks. If you have the opportunity, go for a visit. It is just incredible.
This is what I bought. The mossed rose is so so special. I am thrilled to bits. The other two are healthy and I am looking forward to them blooming.

I am pasting Brad's descriptions from his website Select Roses. The pictures are all mine.







David Austin's "Princess Alexandra of Kent"




No comments:

Post a Comment