Tuesday 21 April 2015

I received my delivery from Botanus!

I have no idea why I am so organizationally challenged. It is not natural!
All I want to do is get the plants, shrubs, whatever into the ground... and I did! Woo hoo! And... by myself. Sort of. Mike came out and moved soil, pots and anything heavy before I started and it was still totally rough. It took hours and hours.
Liz, my girlfriend and beloved neighbour, was too injured to help out. She goes all out in her gardening jobs and life in general and hurt herself. Poor woman.
The most challenging items were the "Claire Austin" rose and the Weeks rose "Anna's Promise". I dug holes and moved other things to get them into ( I hope) the perfect places.
The Itoh peony (so excited....it better bloody take at that price) is in the ground and fed as is the herbaceous peony.
Siberian iris and bearded iris are in the perfects spots...maybe.
I find it difficult to plant at times. Decisions, decisions. Arg. Man, I sure hope that I chose the best spots! Pictures? Yes, I took them. I really don't know if they will help anyone visualize the end results. In fact, they are pretty useless. Sorry.

 I panted a herbaceous peony to the right of the iris.


This is a rose soaking its roots. It is a Weeks rose and is called "Anna's Promise".


 And planted.


 I planted the gorgeous "Itoh Peony" left of the lavender.


Oh my, how embarrassing. This is a before shot of where I was going to plant my David Austin rose "Claire Austin". His daughter.
There is no after picture. Sigh.


I am not proud of this. I replanted a rose and was too tired to dig a deep enough hole so...I mounded up the dirt. Very poorly done.


Ooh ahh. Stunning 
This is nothing new but I am including it in this post because the other pictures were awful. Purposeful...sure but nowhere near gorgeous.
This is the "Snowball Viburnum".





No comments:

Post a Comment