Wednesday 18 March 2015

Those cute little beasts are baaack...blasted deer!

Bambi returned this morning. Darn it. 3 of them. Ready to eat up my delicious brand new sprouts.
I was totally stressed by the entire experience and acted out. Almost 50 years old and I still behave like a child...how totally embarrassing. So....
They were in my neighbour's yard chomping down the fallen camellia blooms. I was just fine with that in so many ways. However, I realized that I needed to go out and http://bobbex.ca the heck out of my lilies and other yummy newly sprouted plants.  So I did but I was in my pyjamas. Charming.
Then I took a shower to remove the pepper like spray.
When I got out of the shower, there they were...in my yard! Unbelievable. So what did I do at 50 years old?
Well, of course, I raced outside fresh from a shower, wrapped in a towel, to bang my child's plastic shovel and scare them away. Seriously...I did. They ran away (okay, moseyed at best) and I suddenly became self-conscious. Fabulous. My poor neighbours. Luckily, I have known them since I was a child and they know what to expect from me. Groan.
Thus, in my newfound maturity, I raced inside and threw on some clothes before going back outside to chase the deer off of my property with an orange plastic kids shovel. Yikes.
Those deer are brave and slowly left the property. They really weren't very impressed by my amazingly threatening performance. Wince and sigh.
I have since hooked up my Scarecrow. Watch the youtube video. It is the best thing ever.
This water repeller just fills me with joy. I have howled with laughter watching it spray oblivious animals and birds. I also think about the true potential of this gadget. Totally brilliant. I won't go into that because...well...it is juvenile. Ha, surprise. Cheating husbands arriving at home late at night?? I have the answer...just kidding. But how totally hilarious.

No comments:

Post a Comment