Thursday 12 March 2015

Its raining...thank goodness.

I am almost embarrassed to say this but it has been so lovely and sunny during the day that the garden was becoming too dry. How bizarre is that? Honestly, it is a wee bit suspicious. Is all of the rain and grey dreary weather waiting for July? I sure hope not!
I have not been so very busy in the garden. I am reluctant to be too aggressive with weeding as I wish to avoid pulling out precious plants......this is experience talking here. Been there and done that way too many times. Mostly, I have been poking about and observing what is going on.
My wonderful husband took me out to http://www.southlandsnursery.com on the weekend. He takes my chatterbox, demanding child for a walk about while I peruse the stock. This is the best outing ever. My husband encourages me to buy new plants....absolute truth. Wow hey?
So I did!
A new rose to go in one of my three new pots. It is a David Austin Rose called "Huntington". It was newly planted so I had an easy time transplanting it. I did not need to soak it and I had great potting soil here at home. Seasoil of course!
I was just watching a "How to plant roses" by Botanus http://www.botanus.com/pages/Current-Episode.html that I found reassuring. I liked their idea of using Epsom salts and banana peels to add nutrients to the rose soil.
I used Epsom salts a lot last year with great success. Everything greened up beautifully and I used Epsom salts as a plant starter. It worked. huh.
Banana peels give me a moment of distress. It might attract the dreaded RATS or other vermin...rodents. I really hate rodents and cannot ever say that enough. I need to get over it but gross. ewww. shudder. I will bury the banana pieces after I have chopped them up. Problem solved. If rats come looking...my husband will come to the rescue.
My garden? Here are some pictures.

Trillium


Ta Da!! The most gorgeous snowdrops ever.












 Iris


Hosta. Not a favourite one. Lip curling on my part actually. One day I will change it up, or start to like it.


 
Spiderwort from Auntie Em and Oma


Alstroemeria 


Daphne. 


 Bear's Breeches




A forest of hellebore!





























No comments:

Post a Comment