Wednesday 28 January 2015

I have started! 2015 season is on in Vancouver.

The weather here is crazy. Everything is coming alive and I really don't know what to do.
I have decided that I will prune my clematis, roses, rose of Sharon and whatever else I feel like. A wee snip here and there to pretty up a shape is necessary sometimes.
I do realize that it is way too early but as everything is coming out and greening up...I have no choice but to react accordingly. Scary.
I have been researching roses and have found the best site by Paul Zimmerman. https://www.youtube.com/user/AshdownRoses
I have learnt so much and am not nearly as scared as I used to be. In fact, I bought 2 new roses (bare root) to plant this year. I am also training my existing roses that really do whatever they want (because I didn't have a clue). It will be interesting to see how it all goes with my newfound knowledge.

No comments:

Post a Comment