Sunday 15 June 2014

Still in March and April.....

This has been a spectacular year for the garden. There have been flowers, texture and form for months. I became totally fascinated by it and stopped writing but took a lot of pictures. For the first time ever (kind of), I read up on when and how to prune clematis, wisteria, tree peonies, lavender and hydrangeas. I was out in late February pruning back some of my clematis, my tree peony and my poor wee wisteria. And it definitely made a difference. I also put chicken poop on my roses and Epsom Salts were sprinkled on pretty much anything and everything at the same time. Interesting. Things greened up and the hydrangea leaves are no longer veined and light green. My problem is that I don't know if it was the chicken poop or the Epsom Salts. Over-enthusiastic and under-organized. Typical!

 Tulips on the deck. Seriously glorious. I enjoyed them every single day. They changed shape and colour and were an absolute joy. Next year, I will plant way more. Way more.
















Hellebore




Trillium








No comments:

Post a Comment