Wednesday 11 June 2014

It has been awhile..

So, as usual, things have been crazy around here. Such a surprise!
How can I explain? Adults and kids have been sick, infected and one child broke his leg. Arg. So now I  really need to catch up.
Firstly, I did change up some things this year. I fed the garden earlier (late February, early March) and with different products. I used dried chicken poop from Botanus that you just sprinkle about and spray kelp liquid from Dykhof that I sprayed on everything. The interesting thing is that I sprinkled chicken poop on my east gardens and sprayed kelp on my west ones. I sprinkled Epsom Salts on anything new and on practically anything else.
My observations? My east gardens have gone ape poop! Seriously, out of control. Everything is blooming, sprouting new shoots and is gargantuan. The west gardens are newer and more manageable but somethings seem to be doing absurdly well for early in the season. Mostly the hydrangeas and one of my roses.
Next year, I intend to sprinkle the poop on everything And to spray kelp And to use Epsom salts. I will definitely do this early in the season again just to see how things go. As for the Epsom Salts? hmmm. I don't know. I think that it helps with the rooting of any new plant for sure but otherwise...I don't know. I am going to put it on a patch of my lawn and see how it does. Thicker, greener grass or not? This is the question.
Enough talk. The proof is in the pictures. Here we go....

This is my first year of doing tulips and daffodils. They were amazing. All of these pictures were taken in March and April 2014.
Tulips



Daffodils


Camellia


Viburnum


 Daphne 


Fern


Hellebore


Tree Peony




No comments:

Post a Comment